Wednesday, August 31, 2005


Two of them (sliced), actually, and three of us took turns carrying them. I know, Watermelon Wednesday wasn't the best way to go on a day as rainy as this, but it looked cool and was way easier (not to mention healthier) than all those cupcakes, plus we planned it before we checked the weather report.

This week's effort was once again coordinated with Winnipeg. If you want to get in on the fun (we've got to do something to entertain ourselves with the CBC off the air) in your city, e-mail us for the next logo-shaped-food theme, and keep those letters coming! Although, who knows, maybe by this time next week there won't be any picket lines to visit—fingers crossed for today's talks.

1:04 p.m.

8 comments:

at 2:02 p.m. Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about what food could be next. Since you gals take these to the picketers in the mornig before work, I thought maybe waffles would do the trick. They are round, can cut easily to form the CBC logo, are tasty yummy and you can eat the spare bits for your own breakfast. The other option I thought of is open-faced balogna snadwiches.

at 2:09 p.m. Anonymous said...

Well the sun is starting to shine so the Watermelon Wednesday looks less foolish than it did this morning.

at 6:49 p.m. Anonymous said...

oops, that was meant to be me not anonymous, so it was Winnipeg that got sunny for a wee bit. Sometimes pointing and clicking is harder than it looks. Just like sometimes carrying a watermelon is harder than it seems, however but I survived that! But I have to say carrying it on the plate half a block was way harder than carrying it for 25 minutes in my back pack pack.

at 8:24 p.m. Anonymous said...

oooooh!Finally I get to see my blog up close and personal! sweet.

looks great gals (meaning Laura and Heather)!

at 9:48 a.m. Anonymous said...

Aah, Watermelon Wednesday! You're so awesome.

at 10:43 p.m. Anonymous said...

I have not watched the CBC in three years, nor listen to the CBC on the radio, and I have not used the CBC web site. I have programmed the TV and the preset radio stations to skip the CBC. To block the CBC on your computer there is a file called "hosts", insert the line:

127.0.0.1 www.cbc.ca

I used to get mad at the bias the CBC has, now I just ignore it.
I only wish I could get my taxes back.

at 11:57 a.m. Anonymous said...

How about pizza? You know, with the toppings like the logo? Or how about pie? You could cut out logo crust and make the top of the pies fancy like.

at 12:02 p.m. meikefer said...

CP already gave them 45 no-logo pizzas this week, and pie, while visually stunning, would be rather difficult to serve.